Skip to content
SAANZ aims to further sociology in New Zealand, to provide a network for New Zealand sociologists, and to establish and maintain links with other sociological associations. It is a ‘collective member’ of the International Sociological Association (ISA), maintains reciprocal arrangements with its Australian counterpart, TASA, and is a constituent organisation of the Royal Society of New Zealand (RSNZ). Members are entitled to reduced fees for the annual conferences of both SAANZ and TASA.
Annual membership fees are $60 for waged, $50 for international students and $10 for New Zealand students. Renewals will fall due in April each year, but full annual fees will apply irrespective of joining/payment date.
- Reciprocal membership discounts for the annual TASA (The Australian Sociological Association) and BSA (British Sociological Association) conferences
- Registration discount for the annual SAANZ conference
- Eligibility for national awards (e.g. Distinguished Service, Life Membership)
- Bi-weekly e-newsletter featuring member publications, job openings, scholarships, research grants, doctoral completions and centre reports
- Support for the next generation of Sociologists: SAANZ full memberships fund student essay prizes, student blogs competitions, and conference attendance scholarships
- Access to network opportunities
- Eligibility for awards (e.g. Postgraduate Student Essay Prize) and scholarships (e.g. SAANZ conference attendance)
- Student-specific newsletters straight to your inbox