SAANZ aims to further sociology in Aotearoa New Zealand, to provide a network for sociologists, to further links with other sociological associations, and address issues of relevance. We are a ‘collective member’ of the International Sociological Association (ISA), maintain reciprocal arrangements with our Australian counterpart (TASA) and are a constituent organisation of the Royal Society of New Zealand (RSNZ).
Members are entitled to reduced fees for the annual conferences of both SAANZ and TASA.
Annual membership fees are $60 for waged, $10 for students and $10 for unwaged/retired. Renewals will fall due in April each year, but full annual fees will apply irrespective of joining/payment date.
- Reciprocal membership discounts for the annual TASA (The Australian Sociological Association) and BSA (British Sociological Association) conferences
- Registration discount for the annual SAANZ conference
- Eligibility for national awards (e.g. Distinguished Service, Life Membership)
- Bi-weekly e-newsletter featuring member publications, job openings, scholarships, research grants, doctoral completions and centre reports
- Support for the next generation of Sociologists: SAANZ full memberships fund student essay prizes, student blogs competitions, and conference attendance scholarships
- Access to network opportunities
- Eligibility for awards (e.g. Postgraduate Student Essay Prize) and scholarships (e.g. SAANZ conference attendance)
- Student-specific newsletters straight to your inbox
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org